Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Chalkboard Closet Doors

My husband calls me the ADHD DIYer because I can't just have one project going on at one time, I have to have three or four!  Actually, I'm just a multitask-er who doesn't like sitting around and waiting for the paint to dry (literally or figuratively) on a project so I get busy on another one.  The downside is that sometimes LIFE gets in the way (like finding out right after the honeymoon I was pregnant with twin girls!), and projects get haulted.  What I really hate is walking by day after day and seeing all these unfinished projects, so when I get a chance (and I took three days off from work this week to do so), I want to cram as many projects in as I can.  So - you ask, what is the latest project?  Chalkboarding one of my daughters' future bedroom closet doors.  I didn't take a before pic but I do have an "in progress" pic to share.  The doors were primed before hand and I will warn you that chalkboard paint STINKS!!!  It also requires a 6 hour, YES 6 hour, wait before I can apply a second coat...and the way it looks now, I think it's going to take 4 or 5 to get the true effect.  I'll keep you posted.


Here's some after pics...the girls love them!!!  Can you tell they've been going to VBS this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment